Bartending & Mixology
Thanking you for your patronage!
Diploma in Bartending
This Diploma in Bartending provides a systematic approach to bar management with strong emphasis on beverage selection, operations and cost control. Amongst the emphasis areas are: understanding the types of beverages available, the verification and distillation process, storage and inventory management, costing and menu analysis, cocktail & mock-tail mixing techniques and serving customers at the bar.
• Bar Manager • Beverage Manager • Bartender • Wine Sommelier • Head Waiter and many more
• Who is a Bartender? • Bartender’s Kit • Attributes of a Bartender • Stocking Your Bar • Barware and Glassware • Measure for Measure • Garnishes • Bartenders’ Secrets • On being a Responsible Bartender • Non-alcoholic Beverages • Mock-tails and Cocktails • Wine Based Cocktails • Alcoholic Beverages
• Students should have completed the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent
• Students should have basic knowledge of English Language, both oral and written
• Students should have good health and mentally motivated to the industry
• Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on case-by-case basis
• 1 month (52 hours) at GATE
• January, April, July and August