HIGHER DIPLOMA IN HOTEL AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT
3 Years (Full Time)
Credit Hours :
GATE College, KTM
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management is 3 years’ program equivalent to BHM course by Tribhuvan University. This program prepares students for general management and business career in the hospitality industry. In order to be successful, one needs to be trained in all areas of management in both theory and practice. The basis of the first part of this program is oriented to hospitality operations, comprising food & beverage, cuisine, housekeeping, lodging, administration, and languages. With a deep and firm foundation, you will be well prepared for on-the-job training responsibilities.
An entire internship year is dedicated to practical training and development to establish you as a prominent member of the world’s largest service industry. After internship completion, the final year of academic studies is focused on managerial subjects. In addition, the third year will be accompanied by seminars and project work, and you will write a dissertation. GATE-SHA Higher Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management is equivalent to the state recognized Hotelier-Restaurateur HF diploma of the German language division, and carries a worldwide acceptance. This program offers 100% credit transfer to any Swiss School at any given semester.
‘Graduate attributes are the qualities, skills and understandings a university community agrees its students should develop during their time with the institution. These attributes include but go beyond the disciplinary expertise or technical knowledge that has traditionally formed the core of most university courses. They are qualities that also prepare graduates as agents of social good in an unknown future.’
- Bar/Restaurant/Hotel Manager
- Public Relations Officer
- Guest Relations Officer/Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Event Officer/Manager
- Food/Hotel/Hospitality reporter/researcher
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Senior Manager
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Position in Aviation and Cruise ships industries.
- Various level of Chefs and More
FURTHER LEARNING SCOPES
- Master Degree in Hotel/Tourism/Hospitality education
- Master Degree in Business (i.e. MBA, MBS, MA-Eco etc)
- Master Degree in Food Journalism
- Master Degree in Nutrition/Food Preparation/Hygiene
- Master in Event Management/Entrepreneurship
- Other relevant post graduate degrees in Nepal and abroad.
Interested to Join ?
What You will study?
GATE SHA-Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BHM Equivalent course of Tribhuvan University, Nepal) is highly refined course proposed to produce skill-full Hospitality professional enrich with high professionalism, ethics, knowledge and competency.
Subjects of this courses has composed of :
- General business Management and practices.
- Hospitality Specialized management subjects.
- IT practice, Trends and MIS.
- Hotel and Hospitality Specific Technology Subject.
- Business Accounting and Finance.
- Costing, Analysis and statics subjects.
- Food Preparation Theory and Practices.
- Food service Theory and Practices.
- Mathematics and Economics.
- English Communication Skill and 2 other foreign Languages.
- Project and Events Management Subjects.
- Catering and Restaurant Operation Subjects.
- Front Office and Guest Relationship Subjects.
- House Keeping.
- Hotel Engineering and Hygiene.
- Oenology and Beverage
- And more related Subjects
KEY POINTS FOR THE COURSE
Eligibility for Admission
- Successful completion of 10+2 or GCE – A Levels (Cambridge University).
- One reference letter from the previous school, additional would be an advantage.
- Any other accredited academic stream should provide equivalency from a National Examination Board or based on the recognition from National University.
Student willing to join this course need to have good level of proficiency (Reading, Writing, listening and Speaking) in English language.
Note: Student identified poor level of English language shall take additional English course provided by College.
Eligible candidate must submit an application in the prescribed form for Entrance Test. The applicant must enclose the application form along with the copies of
• Certified testimonial of all examinations passed
• Equivalency, Transfer and Character Certificates
• Two recent passport-sized photographs
• A recommendation letter from the previous school and /or college
• Financial certificate
• Other documents as asked from the Admission department at the time of your admission.
The applicant must attend the tailor-made admission test to analyze their abilities and motivation for the program. If certain criteria are lacking, candidates may be asked to take basic courses such as Basic English for Hospitality. Further admission procedures:
CMAT Score also Accepted
Learning: Instructor lead classroom
First Intake : January/February
Second Intake : August/September
Qs: What is the duration of the course ?
Ans : The GATE-SHA Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management (HDHRM) is 3 years (Six Semesters) full time course.
Qs: Do this course recognized by TU Nepal and other foreign universities ?
Ans : Yes, this course is equivalented to BHM of TU, Nepal. As this course consists of 176 credit hours, you have sufficient credit point for further studies.
Qs: Do I need to do any internship ?
Ans : Yes, student will do their 1 (One) Year of National and International Level of Internship.
Qs: How can i find employer for internship ?
Ans: No, Worries. Our officers in Career Development Center will prepare you for the job and your arrangements.
Qs: What is the career scope of GATE-SHA degree ?
Ans: GATE College is the academic Partner of Global Hospitality industry leader “IHG” group, GATE Garuntee the quality and professionalism of it’s graduates. GATE-SHA education is widely valued and most preferred graduate course in the world.
I have More Queries >>>
STUDY REDEFINED AND THE VALUE ADDED DEGREE…
Learn to Lead
Learn to Lead Strategy
In GATE, We promote student involvement in every activities. Our Location is the first-class venue for cultural, innovative and development program. Our student can learn state of arts facilities.
International student circle
Our course prepares you for global career
GATE college consists of multinational student. Many Student get opportunity of international Exchange Program
Learning by Doing
We are bridge to the Industry
Our evaluation system are based upon your performance. Our student are prepared for the industry. Our College exactly follow the industry trends.
We produce the leaders
Industry leaders born here
GATE-SHA HDHRM course is intended to develop industry leader by enhancing and enriching student’s capacity through world class, innovative and technology integrated learning.