To develop the TAFE training program and organize and provide accurate administrative support in connection with internal and external affiliated bodies and agencies
Duties and responsibilities
Coordinate of TAFE PROGRAM
- Liaison with TAFE Australia in regards to coordination of program to ensure standard and specific criteria are implemented and met
- Develop appropriate communication links to ensure program operating as per schedule
- Monitor course schedule and make necessary changes to ensure targets are met as per module requirement ( eg : First Aid training )
- Monitor students attendance and course competencies and when necessary assist with any concerns or variances
- Facilitate both communication and documentation process involving internal (GATE ) and external (TAFE ) to ensure the smooth running of the program
- Coordinate and facilitate any TAFE site visits including audit
- Assist with promotional and marketing activities as the need arise .
Development and implementation of enquiry – admission- graduation process.
- Development of SOP relating to TAFE program for inquiry – admission – graduation.
- Answer telephone enquiries, attend to visitors and assist their enquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate counseling of students ,meetings ,interviews ,events and other similar activities
- Distributing and colleting enrolment forms and processing student’s application.
- Colleting original certificates and other relevant documents ,scanning and filing for safe record keeping
Administration duties regard keeping records and documents and course evaluation
- Maintain documents and records as per TAFE standards
- Ensure all documents and records have unique TAFE identification number Ref GVTAFE/
- Maintain accurate data entry
- Record students application enrolment forms in respective folder
- Issuing recommendation letters
- To be responsible for processing entries ensuring all the necessary related information is provided
- To liaise and assist staff to ensure students are correctly registered at the appropriate times with regards to any examination /assessments
- Ensure systematic collection and dissemination of coursework marks
- To maintain all manual and computerized administration system relating to examination data
- To be responsible for the production of statistical returns in respect to examination results and data
- To process and distribute results
- To assist with providing certificates in a suitable format for presentation to students during the course of their studies and at graduation
- To assist with the collection ,collection and distribution of data and data reporting for each year group
- To maintain confidentially of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
- You may be required to provide general administrative duties on a needs basis in the absence of regular GATE staff in other departments or any other duties to ensure the smooth running of GATE operations.
Occupational Health and Safety and Quality Assurance:
- Maintain Occupational Health and Safety standards as per GATE Policy.
- Working with GATE standards as per ISO Certification.