Dr. Clark has been lecturing worldwide for more than three decades. He has presented over 3,500 domestic and international seminars. His travels have taken him to such locations as Jamaica, Mexico, Canada, Panama, Thailand, Taiwan, India, Switzerland, Spain, Africa, Puerto Rico, Caribbean, Peru, France, Italy, Netherlands, England, Dubai, Japan, Korea, and Gibraltar.
He is the author of SMART Management and The Manager’s Toolkit: 61 Building Blocks for Success. He has contributed management monograms to the Florida Hotel Journal, Tanning Trends Magazine, Rinksider Magazine, AHME’s Food & Wine Magazine and Tanning Beauty Magazine. He is currently working with Tate Publishing on the release of his third book in 2011.
He serves as a Senior Advisor for GATE Hospitality University located in Katmandu, Nepal and is a Founding Associate of www.hospitalityeducators.com. Dr. Clark is also a key facilitator for the Asian American Hotel Owner’s Association Certified Hotel Owner’s Professional Certification Program. Over the past five years he has had published over 300 managerial articles on such topics as human resources, organizational development, training & education, soft skills development, sales & marketing, hotel operations, and customer service.
He has contributed management monograms to such publications as the International Hotel & Restaurant Association, Hospitality Net, Cornell University: School of Hotel Administration, American Hotel & Lodging Association, National Travel Business Association, HotelSchools.com, Florida Hotel Journal, Tanning Trends Magazine, Rinksider Magazine, AHME’s Food & Wine Magazine and Tanning Beauty Magazine.
Dr. Clark’s daily industry contributions can be viewed on his smartbizzonlinestrategies.worldpress.com blog site. (Three categories: 1) Leadership Insights, 2) Manager’s Toolkit, and 3) Reflections.
He has spoken at conferences with such notables as Erin Brockovich, George Hamilton, Ira Blumenthal, Mark Victor Hansen, Colin Powell, Lance Armstrong, Terry Bradshaw, and Larry Winget.
Clients that Dr. Clark has provided services to include: Best Western International, Silken Hotels (Madrid, Spain), Swiss Hotel Management School (Chur, Switzerland), Christian Camping International, Virginia State University, Carlton Hotel Group, Maryland Tourism Council, Smart Tan International, Les Roches University (Marbella, Spain), National Association of Quick Printers, Educational Institute of AH&LA, International Tanning Association, Choice Hotels International, InterContinental Hotel Group, American Hotel & Lodging Association, CZ Patel College of Business & Management (Anand, India), National Association of Roller Skate Rink Operators, Asian American Hotel Owners Association, Shrimad Rajchandra Institute of Management & Computer Application (Surat, India), The Panama International Hotel School (Clayton, Panama), and Johnson & Wales University.
Dr. Clark is associated with 48 networking affiliates via LinkedIn. Connections include: Innovation People, Leadership Think Tank, Best Practice Institute, Organizational Change Practitioners, The Engagement Factor, Lions 500, HR & Talent Management Executives, Keynote Speakers, American Hotel & Lodging Association, Organizational Development and Training Forum, Hotel Advisory Services, F&B Service Quality, Sales Culture, & Asian American Hotel Owners Association.
Designations and Awards
• Lamp of Knowledge (American Hotel & Lodging Association, outstanding national educator)
• Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA), Certified Human Resources Executive (CHRE) and Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) from American Hotel & Lodging Association
• Certified Hotel Owners (CHO) from Asian American Hotel Owners Association
• Certified Advanced Lay Speaker UMC
• Distinguished Public Service Award from the State of Tennessee (Education)
• Colonel, Aide de Camp, Governor’s Staff, State of Tennessee
• Honorable Mention-Writer’s Digest (Authoring/Smart MGT & The Manager’s Toolkit) • First recipient of the National Career Achievement in Human Resources Training Award (Council of Hotel & Restaurant Trainers)
• President, Gale Wetzel Evangelistic Ministries
• Member Christian Meeting Planners Association
• Community Education Advisory Council, Simpson County Ky.
• Senior Advisor Global Education Network (GEN-Hospitality Nepal)
• KY. Board of Education Volunteer for S.T.O.P & Character Counts Program for Middle & High School Students (Career Choice and Advancement).