The focus of this course will be an introduction to culinary history with an emphasis on baking and pastry, instruction in principles and procedures of basic equipment and its use, and beginning fundamentals of baking. Contemporary employment options in this field include a restaurant, specialty (e.g. wedding cakes), retail and wholesale careers.
Early in the morning, while most of you are still sleeping, our bakers are busy preparing the delicious assortment of fresh-baked treats that have helped make GATE a popular college and a great local bakery.
– Students must complete the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent.
– Students should have good health and mentally motivated to be in the hospitality industry.
– Medical report.
– Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students should have basic knowledge of English, both oral and written
This course will be suitable for you if you want to be a
– Bakery Chef
– Assistant Bakery Chef
– Pastry Chef
– Bakery and Pastry Instructor
– Entrepreneur and more other professional careers.