“The most famous and preferred professional cooking course delivered by GATE College in affiliation with CTEVT, Kathmandu, Nepal”.
The Diploma in Culinary Arts is designed for those who have chosen to pursue an exciting career in culinary arts. This unique skills-driven program takes you through key stages of classical and international cuisine, Garde manger, meat preparation, patisserie, and bakery and at the same time, develops your professionalism and proficiency in producing food of world-class standards.
In addition to developing a passion for craftsmanship, this program will enhance your supervisory, technical, and personal skills, the mindset of how to ‘think out of the box, and communication and problem-solving skills, which are essential in the evolving field of the culinary arts industry.
GENERAL COURSE OUTLINE OF CULINARY ARTS
– Importance of Hygiene, Safety, and Nutrition.
– Sound Practical Knowledge in Methods of Cookery.
– Basic Kitchen Management.
– Identification and Proper Use of Kitchen Utensils and Equipment.
– Different Styles of Cuisine Preparation and Service.
– Produce Cake, Pastries, and Bread.
– Menu Planning and Cost Control.
– Elementary Nutrition.
– Inventory, Stock Maintenance, and Receiving Goods.
– Convention Coordinator
– Food Production Chemist
– Quality Control Technician
– Food Technician
– Students must complete the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent
– Students should have good health and mentally motivated to be in the hospitality industry
– Medical report
– Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students should have basic knowledge of English, both oral and written