GATE was started in May 2007. It is located in Mandikhatar, Kathmandu and has since been a
pioneer exploring, developing, providing, and enhancing the Hospitality & Tourism Education in Nepal.
Since its humble beginnings, GATE has been serving society and the people by providing various academic, skill-based, vocational (short/long) courses as well in coordination with CTEVT Nepal & the Australian Government recognized course: SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery delivered in partnership with TAFE NSW (RTO 90003).
GATE is considered by many to now be Nepal’s leading hospitality college.
It is the first college in Asia to provide a Swiss degree. GATE is also the first academy in Nepal to win an international award at the World Hospitality Awards, Most Innovative Training Program 2011, and Best Professional Success 2015.
And recently, GATE became a certified member of the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, commonly referred to as EHL, which consistently is ranked as the best hospitality management school in the world. It has campuses in Switzerland and Singapore and now in Kathmandu. For over
125 years, EHL has pioneered the methods of Swiss hospitality education and set the standards of excellence in this field. Today, we combine the Swiss values of academic rigor and industry practice with creativity and innovation for modern hospitality management degrees that prepare graduates to lead the future of the industry and the world.
Instead of enrolling in Switzerland or Singapore, Asian students especially can now earn, with lower fees and expenses, the most respected EHL accredited degree here in Nepal: Bachelor in International Hospitality Management.
GATE-EHL Bachelor in International Hospitality Management is internationally recognized and also has been mapped to Bachelor Degree of Tribhuwan University. This program offers 100% credit transfer to any Swiss School at any given semester for those who meet the requirements (Intake: January/February August/September).
College Facilities & Key Features
• College located in a peaceful and green environment.
• Campus is equipped with uninterrupted wireless access
• Functional and industrial kitchen studios with real world operations
• Well-designed restaurants with real world practices
• Two hot & cold espresso bar/cafeterias
• Real world exposures in partner hotels around the world
• Outdoor catering opportunities in the most respected events in the nation
• Virtual classroom using Micro-Learning portal
• Event venue and restaurants for simulation of various events
• Seminar Hall with state-of-art facility
• Placement support after Graduation with lifelong, world wide alumni support worldwide
• Accommodation facility within the premises
• National & International Recognition
• Member of the EHL Network of Certified Schools (One of the Global leaders)
• Credit Transfer to Global Partner Universities and EHL networks
• Internationalism, onsite and digital coaching of global industry leaders
• Leadership in events, hands-on exposure to world-class events
• Focus on entrepreneurship, incubation labs and partnership with Idea Studio and World Innovation Forum
• Leader in global and national internship
• Access to GATE and EHL Alumni network
• Active student Clubs & Activities: SQC, Creative Circle & Toastmasters lead by Students’ Council
• Diverse and modern Culinary Studio
• GATE Consulting Services including Food Hygiene Certification
• Worldwide Hotels, Resorts, Restaurants, Theme parks and other Leisure Industry
• Public Relations/Diplomatic offices
• Guest Relations Manager in wide service industry
• Front Office/Culinary/Room Divisions
• Entrepreneurship/Sales and Marketing Manager
• Bank, Insurance, and luxury
With the present global industry outlook, it is clear that the market is still in great need for hospitality professionals, which promises a variety of global opportunities for successful graduates. However, to become successful in this industry, one needs to develop uncompromising quality, a high level of professionalism, respect for others, and certainly the need to be disciplined, committed and passionate about what they do in order to pave the way towards a dream career. GATE is committed to nurturing these values and supplementing relevant learning by providing access to international faculty and guest lecturers.