Hotel management is a great career, with immense scope and opportunities all across the world. A career in hotel management has become a preferred choice of candidates these days. Hotel management as a job offers attractive opportunities with immense scope for growth and learning.
A degree in Hospitality covers various aspects like accommodation, food and beverage, food science and nutrition, facilities design, laws pertaining to the hospitality industry, basics of tourism . The degree focuses on building highly sophisticated professionals with vibrant personalities and effective communication skills. The course also extends the opportunity to learn different languages other than English for an extra edge in the industry.
You need to be very hard working, good in communication, patient and diplomatic in handling people and adapted to work long shifts.
The careers can be made not only in hotels but also in clubs, shopping malls, airlines, cruise ships, tourism associations, education, concierge, facility management companies etc.
With this immense scope and opportunities it is imperative that the competition for these must be high. It becomes important that you do your degree in a college / university of high repute which is able to provide you the training with:
- Best facilities, infrastructure and equipment.
- Trainers/ educators must be well qualified and experts in their fields.
- Industry interface: Your college must make sure that before you pass the degree, you have done ample internships/projects in industry that you don’t find it difficult to adapt to highly demanding jobs later on.
- The teaching pedagogy of the college must be practical oriented.
- The course must include the training on the relevant software like fidelio.
- Placements, since your ultimate aim is to make a career, what’s better than having an offer in hand before you pass the degree.
So, make sure your career is shaped by one of the top ones only. It is desirable that you check your eligibility for each one online and apply in the right time-frame.